Sunday, March 16, 2008

My Achin' Back

Well, I got up this morning as usual. As I was stepping out of the shower, though, something very UNusual happened. I obviously zigged when I should have zagged and I hurt my back on the left side in the middle. Now, I have had back problems before, but always in the lower back. This was very different. The pain was so sharp and intense I couldn't even breathe. I had to get Jameel to help me make my way back to the bed. Even then I kept moving around, trying to find a comfortable position. There wasn't one. He kept telling me to be still and I kept moving around and moaning as I tried to find some way to get comfortable. He finally convinced me to put a heating pad on it and that helped a bit. It eased the pain enough where I could finish drying my hair and getting ready, but there was NO way I could sit through church.

Jameel drove me to church so that I could put the lyrics for projection on the PC there and leave Hannah (the children were singing today). I arranged for her to ride home with another family and then we came back home. I took a muscle relaxer and slept in the rocking chair the rest of the morning/afternoon. It does feel better now, but it's still tender. Hopefully it was just a pulled muscle or something and it'll be gone tomorrow. (Please, Lord!)

I guess unexpected back problems and illnesses and such teach us to be grateful for the days when we're healthy and not in pain. It also teaches us who's in charge. We can make plans but God can change those plans at a moment's notice. So if you're pain-free and healthy today, PRAISE THE LORD!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Jennifer,

I am so sorry about your back! I pray you are much better today! Let me know! I hope it is simply a pull or something...

Praying today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...