Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to Her Majesty the Queen!

Queen Elizabeth II Today is Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's 82nd birthday! Why would I know about or mention this? Well, last year on this day, I celebrated her 81st birthday with her! Well... okay... I didn't actually see her or talk to her, but I was at Windsor Castle at the same time she was there (See the picture below of the castle and notice that her flag was up, indicating her presence.).

It was the first day of The Beyond Amazing Grace tour (affectionately referred to as the T-BAG tour -- Get it? Tea Bag? England? Tee hee!) with the choir and orchestra from my church. We performed 9 concerts in 10 days in several cities across the U.K. It was my first trip to the U.K. and I have so many fond memories of the trip. Someday I'll get my scrapbook done and you can all come over, have a nice cup of tea, and enjoy it with me.

Windsor Castle

4 comments:

Kay Meadors said...

Hey, I did not know that Ben shared a B-day with HRH. He loves tea, too.

R. D. Bailey said...

long live the queen:)

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday to Ben, too! Shall we call him "Big" Ben? Ha ha! Sorry. London humor. :)

Gina said...

Um, how long have you been blogging and I'm just now finding out? Is that any way to treat your mother? (says she whose "real" mother has no idea about her blog or even knows what a blog is). :)

Happy birthday to HRH. I can't believe it's been a year since you guys went to England.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...