Saturday, May 17, 2008

My First Meme

Kim at Sugar Pie Honey Bunch (and Lifesong) tagged me for this meme. Thanks, Kim!

Favorite person (outside family)? Gosh, this is hard! There are so many godly men and women at my church I look up to ... and then there are all the authors that have exhorted and encouraged me... I don't think I can pick a favorite!

Favorite food? Healthy--grapes or just about any fruit...
Non-healthy--white cheese dip, banana pudding, or just about any dessert!

Quirks about you? I make my bed every day. It drives me nuts if I don't. I could probably come up with many other quirky things, but that's the first one that came to mind. :)

How would the person who loves you the most describe you in 10 words or less? Okay, I asked Jameel and he gave me this: SuperMom, SuperWife, SuperFriend, responsible, ethical, dedicated, loving, honest, smart, organized. (He added a few other words, but I omitted them!)

Any regrets in life? Yes--the many years I lived for myself rather than for God, especially all the times that I knew truth from God's word and ignored or rejected it.

Favorite Charity/ Cause? Missionaries from my church.

Favorite Blog recently? Lifesong is the most active one that I visit, but I love Becky's thankfulness list she's got going at A Stretched Out Mom!

Something you can’t get enough of? Grapes - I will make myself sick on them if I don't watch out!

Worst job you’ve ever had? Doing security duty in the dorms in college. We would stay up all night and sit at the bottom of the stairwells to keep guys from going into the girls dorm after hours (and vice versa). The hard part was staying awake all night by yourself. The funny thing to think about is what would I have done if a big guy had come and forced his way in? I certainly couldn't stop him! I guess we were more of a deterrent than anything else.

What job would you pay NOT to have? Anything that has to do with heights or dangerous situations (stunt person, window-washer for high-rise building, etc.). I'm a chicken!

If you could be a fly on the wall, where? I have no idea.

Favorite Bible verse right now? 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a. That's my Scripture passage for the year that I chose to meditate on daily and memorize. I so desperately want to live up to the kind of love this passage talks about, but I have far, far, far to go.

Guilty Pleasure? Pedicures - I don't do them very often, but I do make sure to get one at the start of sandal season at least! :)

If you HAD to spend $1,000 on YOURSELF, how would you spend it? A personal trainer who would force me to get into shape!

Favorite thing about your house? My kitchen - over the last few years we have used our tax refund to slowly re-do the kitchen: new appliances, cabinets, tile, etc.

Least favorite thing about your house? Well, lately it's been the ants that have come into the guest bathroom. Ugh! But in general I guess it would be our carpet. We all have allergies, so I would love to pull up the carpet and put in hardwood flooring or something like that, but it's just WAY too expensive right now.

One thing you are bad at? Just one??? Small talk and encouraging others. I will often think about things I want to encourage someone about or thank them for. I plan on sending a card or e-mail and then the busyness of life sets in and I forget... or I'll see them and totally forget to mention it... or I have a hard time finding the right words to express it. (Is that more than one?)

One thing you’re good at? Organizing

If you could change something about your circumstances, what? Everyone in my family would live for the Lord.

Who would you like to meet someday? Most everyone I want to meet I'm going to spend eternity with, anyway. I'm looking forward to meeting ALL of the saints (past, present, and future) and hearing their stories of how God used them for His glory. Won't that be AMAZING?!

Who is your real life hero? Hmmm....I would have to say that the One, Jesus Christ, who gave His life up for me would be the ultimate hero...all others dim in comparison! [I'll keep Kim's answer on this one.]

What is the hardest part of your job? Disciplining the children consistently and lovingly and being open to interruptions in my "plans."

When are you most relaxed? Before the girls wake up and I'm sipping tea and reading a good book in my recliner.

What stresses you out? Loud noises and my house being messy

What can you not live without? The blessed assurance that Jesus paid my ransom and that my salvation is secure in the hands of God.

Why do you blog? I blog to reinforce what God is teaching me and what I learn from reading good books....remind myself of what I know... and to encourage others.

Who Am I Tagging?
  • New/Newer bloggers- Annmarie At Home and Summer at Joy in the Journey
  • Bloggy friends- Gina at My Egg-Citing Life and Becky at A Stretched Out Mom
  • Bloggers you’d like to get to know better- I'm not sure who to put for this one! If you read this and want to play along, consider yourself tagged!
  • Bloggers who you don't think will respond, but you hope will- I'm not sure who to put for this one! If you read this and want to play along, consider yourself tagged!

Rules:
1. Answer the questions
2. Link back to whoever tagged you
3. Tag eight bloggers to do the same, 2 from each category.
New/ newer bloggers (since we want to share the love and send them traffic)
Bloggy friends
Bloggers you’d like to get to know better
Bloggers you don’t think will respond, but you hope will

7 comments:

R. D. Bailey said...

grapes, huh? you seem to like them a lot. these grapes fresh, or fermented ;-)

Jennifer said...

Definitely fresh, although I'll take 'em dried (raisins), too. :)

Anita said...

ooh...you're good at organizing! want to come to my house?

Jennifer said...

Sure... but I'll warn you that as soon as you organize something, someone will come along and mess it up for you. At least, that's what happens at my house.

Anonymous said...

She's always loved grapes. As kids, I'd be munching on a sweet of some sort and she'd be eating grapes. =))

Since I don't have an active blog, I'll post my answers here. =)
***

Favorite person (outside family)?
This is indeed a hard one for I usually consider those I think that much of to be family - but there are 4 right off I can think of - Bro Aurel, Bro Raul, Bro Todd, and Marsha.

Favorite food? Healthy--yogurt - plain...
Non-healthy--anything high in carbs LOL

Quirks about you? I'm more comfortable with my head in books and old records, digging up facts about dead folks, than I am with live ones. I never relax in a city environment.

How would the person who loves you the most describe you in 10 words or less? I think my Mom loves me the most and she says I'm smart and beautiful. =)) Yay Mom!!

Any regrets in life? Yes--the many years I lived for myself rather than for God, especially all the times that I knew truth from God's word and ignored or rejected it.
(Leaving your answer. It sums it up perfectly!!)

Favorite Cause? The missions in Romania, the churches in Siberia.

Favorite Blog recently? Just one. Reflections by Jennifer =))

Something you can’t get enough of?
My family.

Worst job you’ve ever had? Customer Services in the UK. The meaning behind the words hasn't quite hit home here yet.

What job would you pay NOT to have? Toilet cleaner in a public restroom.

If you could be a fly on the wall, where? When Boris Johnson (Mayor of London) and Gordon Brown (Prime Minister of the UK) have meetings. Boris is mad - as in hatter mad. It must be HILLARIOUS!!

Favorite Bible verse right now? Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Guilty Pleasure? On high carb allowance days - chilli with crackers and a bit of Dr Pepper. ahhhh....

If you HAD to spend $1,000 on YOURSELF, how would you spend it?
ok, that's about £500.00. I'd buy books of course! (A reproduction of the Geneva Bible!)

Favorite thing about your house?
I love my wee flat. It's decorated just how I like it... but I suppose my room as I just finished it a few months ago - one red wall, the rest mauvish-grey with wall hangings from India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Tunisia, macrame' from Romania, vases and statues from Romania, Turkish rug and bedding... yep. It's my space.

Least favorite thing about your house? My neighbours.

One thing you are bad at? Just one??? Relating to people here. I can relate to others well anywhere else in the world I've been, but I've got some sort of block here. I don't get the mentality at all. Remembering birthdays - rubbish at it. Holding my true feelings back when it would be best to do so. They just seem to spill out all over the place at the worst possible moments.

One thing you’re good at? hmmm... history.

If you could change something about your circumstances, what? That I could do more for my parents and with my parents and see my sons and grandson and extended family often...

Who would you like to meet someday? I look forward to the day when I can see my grandmother again.

Who is your real life hero?
In the human flesh sense? My mother.

What is the hardest part of your job? Knowing when to stop.

When are you most relaxed? hmmm... after two codeine for my knee pain and I go to bed. LOL

What stresses you out? Loud music, loud telly, loud people, horns honking, car alarms going off, bottles breaking, things falling in the kitchen and making a clatter.

What can you not live without? The blessed assurance that Jesus paid my ransom and that my salvation is secure in the hands of God. (I'm going to be a copy cat here again.)

Why do you blog? I don't blog, but I do write and journal to keep track of where I've been while I'm moving forward through life. Perhaps something I live through will be an encouragement to those who read it after I'm gone or perhaps it will bring a small smile to the faces of those that knew me, or perhaps even, it might allow future generations to know just how nutty this person I am, really is. =))

- Ruthie

Jennifer said...

Love your answers, Ruthie! But as a kid, I probably ate the grapes FIRST and then moved on to the sweets. Ha ha! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL I do recall the white goody cabinet on Hazel Street. =))

- Ruthie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...