- We brought in his out-of-town family.
- A good friend of his from college (Daryle Worley) was brought in to preach the morning worship service.
- The church participated in a financial love gift for his family (over and above our regular giving).
- The elders/deacons gave him a 7-week sabbatical and a separate financial gift for some work they need to do on their house.
- We solicited letters of affirmation from those who served with him and some of his mentors/colleagues, both from within our church and outside, and put them in a scrapbook for him. (This project is ongoing as we receive additional letters.)
- We have a 7-member singing ensemble called Poiema that he has organized/participated in over the years. They sang and even surprised him by bringing in a former member of the group who is no longer at our church.
- We had a multimedia presentation that reviewed his 25 years at our church.
- One of our members wrote a song for him, which capped off the evening worship service. It was called "The Singer and the Songs" but it was so appropriate because it pointed toward the "Giver of the Songs" rather than to Todd himself.
- We had a reception after the evening service that highlighted several aspects of his ministry and life.
- Showcases - Those who spend their time showcasing their own talents or abilities and trying to glorify themselves.
- Mirrors - Those who are always praising people around them and giving the glory to other men.
- Windows - Those whom you look through their lives and see the grace of God. They are always pointing others to glorify God and not themselves.
Todd's life and ministry is a window which gives a clear, unobstructed view of God's grace.
May we all be windows.