Monday, June 16, 2008

A Quiet House

True silence is the rest of the mind; it is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment. ~William Penn

The girls went to camp yesterday and will be there until Friday. I do miss them, but right now I'm enjoying the peace and quiet. This is the first time (since I've been home from work) that they've been gone at the same time, so it's a new thing for me to be truly ALONE in my house for any length of time. It is also the longest either of them have been away from home... ever. Hannah was a little worried about leaving me yesterday, but when we dropped her off, she was excited about all the fun activities they will be able to do (horseback riding, archery, kayaks, canoes, water sports, etc.). I'm sure they will have a great time and have probably already forgotten all about me!

4 comments:

Anita said...

let me know if it gets too quiet around there...i've got a few kids i can loan you!!

Annmarie said...

If you don't come over here sometime before Friday I'll never speak to you again. Oh, wait.... that might not be a real threat to you.

Gina said...

And so it's almost Friday...how did you do, Mom?

Jennifer said...

I survived! And they did, too... I think. :) Hannah called a couple of times, so I know she was a bit homesick. I started really missing them yesterday. It was a nice break, but I'm glad it's Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...