All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
Let us draw from these words the great practical truth, that all power over everything that concerns our soul’s interests is placed in our Lord Jesus Christ’s hands. “All things are delivered unto Him.” He bears the keys: to Him we must go for admission to heaven.
Blessed and glorious are these truths! If we have Christ, we have all things. (1 Cor. 3:21-23)
- He is the door: through Him we must enter.
- He is the Shepherd: we must hear His voice, and follow Him, if we would not perish in the wilderness.
- He is the Physician: we must apply to Him, if we would be healed of the plague of sin.
- He is the bread of life: we must feed on Him, if we would have our souls satisfied.
- He is the light: we must walk after Him if we would not wander in darkness.
- He is the fountain: we must wash in His blood, if we would be cleansed, and made ready for the great day of account.
(Excerpt from Expository Thoughts on Matthew by J.C. Ryle)