Thursday, July 31, 2008

Free Access

I read this quote today in "Know What You Believe" by Paul Little:

Because of the ascension and exaltation of Christ, we have free and confident access into the very presence of God. We can "approach the throne of grace with confidence" (Heb. 4:16). In Old Testament times, access to the presence of God was limited to one persion -- the high priest; to one place -- the holy of holies in the tabernacle (or the temple); and to one time -- the Day of Atonement. Because Christ is our High Priest in heaven, each of us has access to the Creator at any time and at any place. How the angels must wonder that we make so little use of this privilege of audience with the King!


It's so easy for me to think lightly of prayer. If I were given the personal cell phone number of the President, though, and told I could call him any time, day or night, wouldn't I consider that a great privilege? Yet I've been given so much more than that!

Lord, thank You for making Yourself available to us through the privilege of prayer. Please remind me often of this privilege so that I may be a frequent visitor of the throne of grace.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...