Saturday, August 16, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jog!

My grandmother used to say that whenever we came home from a trip. :)

I am home from the beach and have WAY more pictures than I could possibly post, so I thought I would just post a few of my favorites. This one of Alyssa "holding" the sun as it sets was taken by someone else, but I loved it.

Here is our attempt at a family picture at the beach. We tried several times, but someone's eyes were always closed.
My toes and the Gulf of Mexico as I sat on the beach:
Hannah playing in the pool:
Alyssa at the beach (with her eyes open) ;)

The beach was nice, but we're glad to be home. Today will be spent doing laundry, buying groceries, catching up on housework, and getting ready for school next week.

6 comments:

Gina said...

Love the one of Alyssa "holding" the sun - that's pretty nifty. Who is that grey-haired man with y'all?? ;) I hope you had a wonderful time!

Jennifer said...

Tee hee! The longer Jameel's hair gets, the more you can see the grey. He also didn't shave while we were there, so that gave him the greyish beard as well.

Funny story: when we applied online for his fishing license, they actually had "salt and pepper" listed as a hair color choice! We got a chuckle out of that.

Papa Bill said...

GREAT pictures! I especially like the one with Alyssa holding the sun as well. I won't comment on the grey haired man issue because I'm still trying to get DFA to put "Flesh" on my driver's license as a hair color. Glad you had a great time and I'm glad you're back home safe and sound.

Kim said...

Love all the pictures of your beautiful family! I love the toes picture...and seeing that makes me long to have my toes in the sand,too! Our trip is coming up soon and we can all hardly wait.

Whenever I am on the beach it makes me think of God's majesty...His power and strength...and also how His power and strength is so controlled. He is a great God and that is seen and obvious in His beautiful creation!

I'm so glad your family had a nice trip! But, also glad you are all home safely!

Anita said...

looks like a great time! i LOVE the pic of alyssa too!

Baroness Insomniac said...

Better late than never, cousin. =)) Sorry for the late post - the pictures are fab and the picture of Alyssa is so good!! =))

What a blessing times of refreshment like this are - with the family together and all happy!!

((hugs))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...