Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sunshine on a Stick

Hannah takes gymnastics and each month they send home a calendar with suggested daily exercises and a healthy snack recipe. This month's healthy snack is one we've seen before and Hannah absolutely LOVES them. And she's not the only one: a friend came over last night with his son and the son liked them so much he left with a copy of the recipe!

It's called Easy Frozen Yogurt Pops. All you need is 12 oz. of vanilla yogurt (we used fat-free plain yogurt) and a 12-oz. package of frozen juice concentrate in your favorite flavor (we used fruit punch). Mix them together, pour into popsicle molds, and freeze. We don't have popsicle molds, so we used an ice tray and inserted toothpicks, which reminded me of the old ABC commercial with "Timer" when he showed us how to make "Sunshine on a Stick" (see below). Ahh, memories. :)


3 comments:

Gina said...

Oh. My. Gravy. That took me back a few years! The girls thought that was such a cool video. :)

Jennifer said...

Yeah, I was definitely dating myself with that one, huh? :) I used to love those commercials... and School House Rock. :)

cjsmomx6 said...

I remember that all too well. I loved it then and now. It also reminds me of school house rock.
Janet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...