Sunday, January 11, 2009

100th Post

Believe it or not, this is my 100th post, so as is custom in many areas of the blogosphere, here are 100 totally random things you may or may not know about me:

  1. I was born at noon on October 31st.
  2. Jameel and I have been married 19 years!
  3. I have a B.S. degree in Math and Computer Science from the University of Arkansas (Woo! Pig! Sooie!).
  4. I have 2 daughters: Alyssa (14) and Hannah (10).
  5. I have homeschooled Alyssa since she was in 3rd grade.
  6. I have homeschooled Hannah since she was in 1st grade.
  7. I make my bed every day.
  8. My spice drawer is alphabetized – seriously.
  9. I have never colored my hair.
  10. I don’t plan on ever coloring my hair.
  11. I am nearsighted in one eye and farsighted in the other.
  12. I am 5’2”.
  13. Alyssa is taller than me (but I keep telling her that’s not saying much!).
  14. My eyes are blue.
  15. I played intramural flag football in college.
  16. I graduated 7th in my class in high school (out of 400).
  17. I worked at McDonald’s …for 2 years … with Gina.
  18. I was an R.A. (Resident Assistant) in college.
  19. Jameel was an R.A. (Resident Assistant) in college. (Can you guess how we met???)
  20. I don’t like nuts.
  21. My favorite candy is chocolate-covered raisins.
  22. In college I worked as a clerk/typist in the Political Science department on campus.
  23. I am (technically) an only child (but I have lots of step-siblings and half-siblings… I even claim some of them!).
  24. In college I tutored learning-disabled students in math.
  25. I have worked in the IT field for over 16 years.
  26. I just passed the 1-year mark of being a WAHM (Work At Home Mom) and am LOVING IT!
  27. I’m a very slow reader.
  28. I once fell asleep under a sun lamp. I DON’T recommend it!!
  29. I totaled my first car within a week. Wet pavement + pollen + inexperienced driver + tree = 1 dead car and 1 teenager very blessed to be alive!
  30. I attended 6 different elementary schools.
  31. I was a Commissioner on the AECC (Arkansas Early Childhood Commission) for 6 years, representing parents.
  32. I took 4 years of Spanish in junior high and high school. (I still remember some of it, but not a lot.)
  33. I took 4 semesters of Greek in college. (Don’t tell Dr. Z!)
  34. I’m a soccer mom/wife.
  35. I’ve been to 2 World Cup soccer games (in 1994).
  36. My first trip outside the U.S. was to Pakistan… to meet my in-laws… after I’d been married 3 years. No pressure.
  37. I finish my Christmas shopping the week of Thanksgiving and always go shopping with my family on Black Friday.
  38. I give out 80-100 Christmas gift mixes every year (and they’re always put together by the end of Thanksgiving week, too).
  39. My first concert was “Air Supply” in 7th grade.
  40. I have an aunt and uncle that are missionaries in Romania.
  41. I have a cousin who lives in Glasgow, Scotland.
  42. On my 30th birthday, my coworkers filled my cubicle with packing peanuts.
  43. I have worn glasses or contacts since I was 2 years old.
  44. I like to do logic puzzles.
  45. I’ve sung at St. Paul’s Cathedral (along with 73 other choir members from my church).
  46. I used to attend War Eagle craft fair every year with my mom, aunt, sister, and cousins.
  47. I do not like camping.
  48. I like to cross-stitch and embroider (but I haven’t done it much lately).
  49. I like to plan/organize theme-based birthday parties. We have had an Amazing Race party, Strawberry Shortcake, Hello Kitty, Detective, Scrabble Scramble, and others. You may already know this from my post about Hannah’s Willy Wonka party and Alyssa’s Color Clash party.
  50. I like to bake.
  51. My favorite book of the Bible is 1 John.
  52. My favorite dessert is banana pudding (with LOTS of vanilla wafers!).
  53. I love seafood.
  54. I’m a book-a-holic.
  55. I can’t stand to hear people chew crunchy things. It’s like fingernails on a blackboard… UGH!
  56. My dad used to call me “punkin’” as a child (I guess it goes along with the whole Halloween birthday thing.).
  57. I have 2 cats: Sarah and Pepper.
  58. I sing in my church choir and in a ladies ensemble at my church.
  59. I’ve had my ears pierced twice and had to let them grow back both times. (They are easily infected and don’t do well with inexpensive earrings. My pocketbook doesn’t do well with expensive ones.)
  60. A few years ago, I lost my wedding and engagement rings. I was so upset! I wore another ring for a while because it felt weird not wearing a ring. Jameel’s ring was really worn, too, so when he went to Pakistan last year, he bought us both new bands.
  61. I’ve been to Bangkok, Thailand. Well, to be honest, I was in Bangkok for 2 24-hour layovers on our way to and from Pakistan. So I guess you could say I’ve spent “2 nights in Bangkok.” Ha! Ha!
  62. I had a very small part in my high school musical, Meredith Wilson’s The Music Man.
  63. I don’t like scary movies.
  64. I’m a pack rat. (Please don’t tell my husband I admitted that out loud!)
  65. My favorite musical artist is Christy Nockels of Watermark.
  66. My favorite author is Elizabeth Prentiss.
  67. I hate dusting … and ironing… and cleaning bathrooms… and … well, you get the idea.
  68. I have never had braces.
  69. I don’t like to drive long distances.
  70. I get carsick when reading in the car or sitting in the back seat.
  71. I’m a good speller.
  72. I still have my appendix.
  73. I do not have my tonsils any more.
  74. I drink 2 cups of English Breakfast Tea every morning.
  75. I am very competitive.
  76. I love game shows.
  77. I like playing card games.
  78. I like playing board games.
  79. I know how to make Welsh cakes!
  80. I do my scrapbooking digitally.
  81. I love Lamplighter Rare Collector Series books.
  82. We enclosed our garage a few years ago and made it into a playroom.
  83. My middle name is Leigh.
  84. If you type the number 49137 on a calculator and turn it upside-down, it will spell my middle name. Ha ha! (If you went and got a calculator to test that out, you are under obligation to admit it in the comments. Tee hee!)
  85. I’m cheap frugal.
  86. I hate to go clothes shopping.
  87. I like cold weather better than hot weather.
  88. I don’t like to swim.
  89. I am a morning person.
  90. I have a bad back.
  91. I have terrible teeth. (I think there’s a filling in every single tooth!)
  92. I suffer from short-term memory loss. (Actually the people around me suffer more than I do. My kids call me Dory.)
  93. I am an Awana leader in our 3rd and 4th grade girls Truth & Training club.
  94. I type in the lyrics and set up the projection for the worship ministry at my church.
  95. I love the movie Pollyanna and I always cry when I watch it.
  96. I was very close to my grandparents and spent a lot of time with them when I was growing up.
  97. I use Clinique make-up and skin care products.
  98. I wear size 8 or 8.5 shoes, depending on how they’re made.
  99. It literally took me months to come up with this list!
  100. I had to have help coming up with many of the items in this list!

8 comments:

K said...

Lots of fun facts packed in there :) We have several things in common. I won't admit to getting a calculator, because I didn't, but I did try to visualize the number upside down...didn't work :D

On another note...I'll be keeping you in pray this week.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for your prayers, K. :)

Krista said...

I enjoyed reading your 100 random things! That is funny that it took you months to come up with the list! I am not even going to try to do a list like that...especially since I am up to 702 posts now (of course, they are mostly pictures though)! :)

The name of my cat growing up was Pepper! :)

And I think you kind of cheated on 77 and 78! :)

Jennifer said...

If 77 and 78 were the only ones I cheated on, then I did pretty well! :) I'm not kidding about it taking me months. I kept a notebook with me in the car and I remember sitting at the soccer fields in October waiting for Alyssa to finish ref-ing a game and I was jotting down items for this list. It's HARD! I'm just not that interesting! :)

Gina said...

:::I do not like camping.:::

Neither do I! Ah, you are my child.

Gina said...

:::We enclosed our garage a few years ago and made it into a playroom.:::

In all the birthday party photos I never could figure out what room you were in (I didn't remember it from being at your house before). That would be why I don't remember it. :)

Jennifer said...

Clearly, Gina, you need to come visit me more often. :) Yes, the extremely purple room is the playroom/school room/party room/whatever-else-we-need-it-for room.

Baroness Insomniac said...

I'm seeing genetics at work! =)) Truly, some very interesting common family traits... oh yes. I think you're inspired me but, mine won't be as long as yours. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...