Thursday, January 08, 2009

Geek or Nerd?

Here's a bit of fun. Ever wonder what the difference is between a "geek" and a "nerd"? Well, if you have (or even if you haven't), this post is for you. :)

  • Geek: A person intensely interested in a particular field or hobby, generally at the expense of broader social interaction.
  • Dweeb: A boring, studious, or socially inept person.
  • Spaz: (USA only!!!)A stupid person.
  • Nerd: A generally intelligent person who shows interest and aptitude in multiple, usually academic-related subjects (as opposed to geeks, who are only interested in one such subject). This definition is independent of social skills (i.e. Nerds are usually, though not necessarily, dorks).
  • Dork: A quirky, silly and/or stupid, socially inept person, or one who is out of touch with contemporary trends. Often confused with nerd and geek, but does not imply the same intelligence level.

So which are you? I find myself more in the “nerd” camp, actually, with a dash of Dork/Dweeb thrown in from time to time.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I would be a dorky nerd.

Jennifer said...

I knew we had a lot in common, Gina. Ha ha! :)

anrah said...

I prefer to think of myself as a Geek...or maybe a G-I-T.(Geek-In-Training) :)
Alyssa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...