Saturday, February 07, 2009

County Bee

Since Alyssa won our local homeschool spelling bee earlier this year, she got to go to the county bee. Thursday was bee day and she did SO well! She finished in 2nd place out of 46 spellers and we are so proud of her!

I thought it would be fun to see how you all would have done with her words. I couldn't get the script to work within Blogspot, so I uploaded the file here.All the words she had to spell in the county bee are there. Click on the audio icon to hear the word and then see if you can spell it. Click on the "check spelling" link to see if you're right. How far would you have gotten?

3 comments:

Gina said...

I couldn't even understand round 7's word - had I been able to understand it (computer speakers can make things sound like mush). And when I "checked spelling" I thought, "I likely wouldn't have gotten that one anyway" - but, being able to spell Brad's name is what landed me my first date with him - so I can spell just about anything! ;)

Jennifer said...

She did ask for the definition and the language of origin on that, but she knew the word since she had been studying the word list. I had been helping her study, but I didn't remember that word. We were talking with another mom sitting in front of us and she didn't know the word either (her daughter came in 3rd). We were all shocked and impressed when Alyssa came up with the spelling on that one.

And "Brad" isn't so hard to spell. Tee hee! ;)

Baroness Insomniac said...

I'm amazed that word is considered an English word at all. How on earth did it ever get put into an English dictionary?

Anyway - SUPER CONGRATULATIONS Miss Alyssa!! =))) I'm so very happy for you!! ((Hugs))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...