Sunday, June 14, 2009

Calling All Crafters

Craft Hope is "a faith-based, love inspired project designed to share handmade crafts with those less fortunate." I first became aware of them a few weeks ago through another blog that was participating in their project to make homemade dolls for an orphanage in Nicaragua. Making dolls sounded a bit difficult for me so I didn't participate in that project.

They just announced their next project, though, and I'm very excited about this one. For this project, Craft Hope has partnered with the Miracle Foundation to supply blankets, booties and beanies for newborns in childrens homes in the Bhawani, Rourkela and Sooch Village in India. A baby blanket is a much easier project that anyone can do... even me! :)

This project will combine sewers and knitters alike. The blankets, booties and beanies can be knitted, crocheted or sewn. Your choice. You can choose to make any one of the items or all three. I know many of you who read my blog are crafty and can make a few of these items to donate. Even one or two items can make a difference to a child in need!

The deadline for the project is July 25th. If you want to sign up directly on the Craft Hope site, you can go here and leave them a comment and they will send you the details and the address to send the items.

But I'm going to make it even easier for you! I plan on making some blankets for the project, so if you live near me and want to give me your items by July 20th, I will send them off with mine and save you the shipping costs. You just can't say no to that, right!??!

I hope you will all consider making at least one or two items for this project. Have your children make them, too. It's such a great way to teach them about giving to those less fortunate and about using our talents to bless others. If you plan on sending your items through me, please let me know so I will be sure to have a big enough box for shipping. :)

I am hoping to need a really BIG box.

1 comment:

boo4baby said...

Hey girl, I will see what I can do to make a blanket. I am working on 100 hats right now, but I could probably stop for a little bit to make a baby blanket or a couple of crocheted baby beanies. I'll let you know what I get done. Thanks for letting me know about this organization! How neat! Love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...