Monday, June 08, 2009

Love Begets a Likeness

I saw this quote today on Of First Importance and I thought it fit in well with my yearly theme/verse of being an imitator of God:

“Love begets a likeness between the mind loving and the object beloved. . . . A mind filled with the love of Christ as crucified . . . will be changed into his image and likeness.”

- John Owen, quoted by Jerry Bridges in The Fruitful Life (Colorado Springs, Co.: NavPress, 2006), 11.



This reminds me of the saying that we become what we most admire. Clearly, Jesus should be who we most admire and the One we think about the most. May we all be so filled with thoughts of Him that we cannot help but become more like Him!

1 comment:

Gina said...

{May we all be so filled with thoughts of Him that we cannot help but become more like Him!} Thanks for the exhortation, friend! I definitely need to start taking every thought captive and think more on Him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...