Friday, July 03, 2009

Embroidery Projects

One of my goals for this year was to do one crafty project every 2 months. That seemed like a reasonable goal. Not too much, but enough to get a few things done, right? Well, somehow this has been a very crafty year for me so far. I've already completed 7 projects! You already know about the fur wrap I made for the Father/Daughter Banquet, the monkey wallets for Hannah's upcoming birthday, and the notebook covers for the Awana girls. I also made some flannel burp cloths for baby gifts and will be making some baby blankets for the Craft Hope project this month. Below are some pictures of the embroidery projects I've also completed this year.

The first is a bag my friend Patsy bought me after Christmas to use for gift mixes next year. The felt bag already came with the leaf on it but I embroidered her name on the flap at the top. (She had jokingly said that I could just embroider her name on one and give it to her with refills, so that's what I did. Ha ha!) The color in this photo isn't the greatest, but the bag is Christmasy red and the green name matches the dark green in the leaf.


Here is a burp cloth I purchased and then embroidered the giraffe and baby name on it. The entire project took about an hour. So easy!


This is my biggest embroidery project yet. It's a pillowcase that I purchased stamped with the butterfly and flower design on it. I finished it just this past week and sent it to Pakistan for my mother-in-law. I hope she likes it! :)


And yes, I already have another embroidery project on the list that will be for a birthday present in August. Whew!

5 comments:

besnini said...

Where did you find the pillow case. It is beautiful. I would like to find something like that to work on while R and H watch TV. I don't like just sitting and watching TV. You are the crafty woman...such an inspiration :)

Jennifer said...

I think I got them at Hobby Lobby or Michael's. They come in a package with 2 in them.

Gina said...

Did you do that embroidery by hand?! If so...wow! Beautiful!!!

Jennifer said...

Yep, I do all of it by hand. I don't have one of those fancy-schmancy machines to do it for me. :)

Half A Dozen BOOTH's said...

These are all beautiful! I'm so impressed with your patience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...