Friday, July 31, 2009

Pillow Talk

I just finished my latest sewing/embroidery project! I'll show it to you, but you have to promise not to tell (in case you know the recipient).

It started out as an idea for Hannah's friend's birthday present. She likes polka dots so we thought we would use the same fabric as we used on the inside of the monkey wallets to make a pillowcase and embroider her name on it. Her birthday is still a couple of weeks away, but I finished it today (YAY!).



Well, I liked the idea so much that I decided to make one for Hannah, too. I gave her hers on her birthday. Let me just say it's pretty difficult to embroider something on the sly for someone who lives in your house!



I'm really pleased with how they turned out and I think it will be fun for the girls to have matching pillow cases when they have sleepovers.

3 comments:

besnini said...

Those are so cute!!! So you have a sewing machine that embroiders?

On another note, I know I told you I was going to post about the blankets and Hailey's remark...I just don't have the energy. It sounds pathetic, I know, but I'm just not there yet. I know R wants me to go to church tomorrow, and I want to go, but the thought of having to get dressed and go...it is exhausting thinking about it :)

Jennifer said...

I totally understand about the energy thing! You need to rest.

And no, I don't have a machine that embroiders. That is hand-done, which is why it took me so long!

Baroness Insomniac said...

I like these! How fun! =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...