Monday, July 20, 2009

School Yearbooks

I try to make small school yearbooks for the girls every year. I digitally scrapbook the pages (as 8.5 x 11) and then upload them to viovio.com to have them bound into books. I try to put the girls' school pictures in there, family pictures, and then pages for any special activities we do during the year. They usually end up somewhere between 14 and 20 pages long.

Well, I was 2 years behind on these books. A few weeks ago, I got into a "scrapbooking groove" and finished 26 pages in just 2 days! Woo-hoo! I got the books back yesterday and I love them! I used a new design on the front and I like it better than my old one. Here is a picture of the books and then a couple of low-resolution images of some of last year's pages.

By way of disclaimer, I am NOT a master scrapbooker. My focus is on getting the pictures on the page in some kind of semi-attractive way and doing a small amount of journaling so that we can remember what we were doing in the pics. I don't tend to do a lot of fancy stuff. Maybe someday I'll be able to do that. For now, my family has to settle for this.

The covers of the 2 books:


A collection of photos from our Christmas card family photo shoot. This is the first page in the 2008-2009 book.


Alyssa's 2-page spread in the 2008-2009 book. I ended up using a cropped version of one of our Christmas photos for her school picture for last year, so all of these are from that photo session.


Hannah's 2-page spread in the 2008-2009 book. The pic on the left is her school picture and the ones on the right are miscellaneous good pics of her taken throughout the year.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...