Friday, September 25, 2009

Because Inquiring Minds Want to Know…

I realized a few days ago that I hadn’t followed up on some of my recent posts. And since I know you have all been on pins and needles waiting to hear updates (Ha!), I thought I would combine them into one update post. So here goes…

The scratching post Jameel made for the cats is still a big hit. It pretty much put an end to scratching on the furniture, but the cats were still scratching the carpet in certain spots. I called the vet and they recommended everything we had already done… plus a product called Feliway. It’s a spray and you are supposed to spray it in the areas they scratch and it keeps them from scratching there. It was terribly expensive (a tiny bottle cost over $30!), but I have to say that I haven’t noticed any further damage to the carpet since we’ve used it. It’s odorless and is supposed to work on furniture, too.

I know some of you have been Shredding after my post a while back on that exercise video. Well, I made it about 1/3 of the way through and I noticed my right arm would hurt every time I did it. If I skipped a few days, it would be better. I would shred again and it would hurt again. Hm. It doesn’t really take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Jameel thinks I injured my shoulder which makes sense because now my shoulder pops a lot and it never did that before. So - no more shredding for me. I have been walking around the track while Alyssa has soccer practice, which works out nicely. I’m not sure what I’ll do after soccer season, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I have not even started Alyssa’s quilt yet. I wanted to be sure of what pattern I wanted to use before cutting the fabric. I think I will probably just go ahead and use their design since it’s easy. I still have some projects to finish up before I get to it, though. Otherwise, my sewing “corner” (I don’t really have a room) will just overflow with fabric scraps.

And that’s … the rest of the story. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...