Friday, September 11, 2009

CD Visor and Manicure Set

I found a couple of patterns that I was itching to try. I have a hard time coming up with gift ideas for teenagers and I thought both of these would be good for teenagers or adults.

The first one was a CD visor for your car. Here is a picture of my first attempt. I like it, but I didn't get all the pockets spaced out evenly, which bugs me. I loved the fabric, though. You can't tell from the picture, but it attaches to the visor with Vel-Cro. This one is going out in the mail to a friend for her birthday. :)


I had some of the cute fabric left over, so I used it to make this manicure kit cover. Alyssa has been wanting me to make one for her because she has a manicure set but doesn't like the cover that came with it. Here's a picture of it opened up:
And here's a picture of it closed and snapped:
The manicure cover was really easy to do and it's so cute. Wouldn't that be a fun gift to give along with some nice nail polish? I like the look of the snap but it's a little hard to open, so I may make another one (for me!) with Vel-Cro. What do you think? Vel-Cro or snap?


5 comments:

Gina said...

Think they should both *definitely* go on Etsy! Love them both!!!! *Really* love the CD visor because I've been thinking about buying one for some of the kids' "loose" CDs (Sparks book CDs, music that I've burned for them, etc) but I'd much, much rather do something like this! I have fabric so I just might have to try my hand at this. If I do, can I call you? Maybe we could work on it together sometime. Seriously!

Jennifer said...

Call me any time, Gina. I have some more fabric that I bought to make another one, too. I would need to get some more stabilizer, though.

tjobe01 said...

Love them - my thoughts on closure of maincure set would be how about magnet type close? Not sure how hard it is to find but I'd think there would be some sort of cute button look but no as hard to get into..dunno. Love them both - super cute!!!tj

Dawn said...

Looks great! I'm so glad you found the Manicure Kit Cover tutorial helpful. It so fun to see what others have made with it.

Half A Dozen BOOTH's said...

The cd holder is wonderful!! I love it! Thanks for the bday gift!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...