Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bee a Blessing

Long ago, people would hold a “bee,” a gathering of friends and neighbors to accomplish a task. The tasks were often big jobs, such as raising a barn, which would be difficult to do alone. The bees were also social events, giving the friends and neighbors time to visit while doing the work. For the last few years, my daughter and I resurrected the tradition of a sewing bee and started what we hope will be a yearly tradition of our own ... {Read more at Heart of the Matter Online}

This is my first article for Heart of the Matter. I hope you enjoy it. Stay tuned here for an update in a couple of weeks about how this year's bee was different from past years.

3 comments:

SmallWorld at Home said...

What a great idea! I am going to look into this as a project for our American Heritage Girls group.

Baroness Insomniac said...

You're an internet celebrity!! =D I was thinking of the quilting bees they have back home. Lord willing maybe I can take my Mom to one someday. =D

boo4baby said...

Loved your post! And the stockings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...