Friday, October 09, 2009

Heart of the Matter

Those of you who read my blog directly (not using a reader like Google Reader or Bloglines) may have noticed a new button on the side of my blog.

About a month ago, my friend Stephanie forwarded an e-mail to me from Heart of the Matter Online looking for contributors to their site. If you're not familiar with Heart of the Matter Online, they describe themselves as "a homeschooling site dedicated to bridging the gap between the child and the parent, a relationship designed by God." The site is filled with motivational posts, encouraging articles from “real” parents, and resources to help parents take control of their child’s education. I have really enjoyed the site since I was introduced to it and have found several new "blog friends" to follow.

In most of the areas in which they needed writing help, I was completely unqualified. But one area piqued my interest.

Can you guess?

Crafts! I e-mailed back and forth a few times to talk to them about what kind of craft articles they wanted and sent them links to my blog and Etsy store so they could learn a little about me.

I guess they liked me (or didn't have anyone else apply in that area?!), because I am excited to announce that I am now officially a regular contributor to Heart of the Matter Online (click this link to see a list of all the new contributors and their bios). All my articles may not be craft-related, but most of them probably will be. My first article will be published on October 22nd and I will post a link here when it is published.

In the meantime, grab a cup of coffee (or tea or the beverage of your choice) and go surf the site. I'm sure you will find many encouraging and helpful articles and will make some new blog friends of your own.

3 comments:

christinnjon said...

HI Jennifer! I'm a new contributor as well and am so excited to be working alongside you. :) I love your header! I have a page on my blog called Reflections and it houses the articles that I've found or written that really capture me or things I really need to remember.
I look forward to reading about the crafts you share! :)
God bless!
Christin

boo4baby said...

They couldn't have found anyone better to do this! Have fun and I can't wait to go check out their blog!

Jennifer said...

Becky - You are too kind. :)

Christin - Thank you for stopping by! I took a look at your blog and you have some great stuff out there. I love your idea about making a list of posts to come back to from time to time. My header came from a worship background that I really liked. I cropped it and added the reflective lettering and built the rest of the site around that. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...