Saturday, October 31, 2009

Opportunity + Inspiration

I bought a jar of Mod Podge a long time ago and just never used it. I recently ran across this blog that inspired me to pull it out and give it a try. A birthday for a friend of mine gave me the the opportunity.

I bought an inexpensive glass jar at Wal-Mart and found some pretty tissue paper at a craft store. I cut the tissue paper to the size I wanted, put a little Mod Podge on the jar to hold it in place, smoothed it out, and applied more Mod Podge on the top to seal it. An hour or so later, this is what I had:


Not bad for my first attempt, I think! I filled it with some vanilla sugar and wrapped it up. I think she was almost more excited about the jar than the sugar. :)

6 comments:

Kay said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you.....and many more.......
I had fun today working on the quilt tops with the young girls. I finished mine when I got home. I will bring it to you tonight.

Jennifer said...

Wow, Speedy Gonzales! I'm impressed! We went out to lunch and then I have been working on the embroidery on the back of Alyssa's quilt. I should finish it tomorrow and then I'll start working on one of the left-over quilts. Yay! :) See you in a bit!

Baroness Insomniac said...

You are so creative! I love this jar!! Evidently we have nothing named Modge Podge here but I'm defo wanting to give it a try when I get back to civilisation! ;-) So glad from the above that you had a great birthday!! Thank you for being YOU. =)) xx

Baroness Insomniac said...

... or even Mod Podge. *sigh*

boo4baby said...

My birthday is in January!!! hint, hint, hint...... :)

I love it. I would rather learn how to do it. I used Mod Podge a long time ago, but would not even know what to do with it now.

Love it!

Gina said...

It is beautiful!!!! Love it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...