Sunday, November 08, 2009

Birthday Party - The Great Hope Diamond Chase

Friday night, we had Alyssa's birthday party. We invited some friends over for dinner and a mystery party game purchased from this website. She didn't want to do a murder mystery, so we chose the Great Hope Diamond Chase mystery. The premise of the myster is that the great Hope Diamond had been stolen and it was up to this elite set of spies to find out who stole it and track down the diamond.

We read through the clues, which took us to many different countries in order to track down the thieves (code named "lizzard" - There were LOTS of code names in this mystery!). The girls had a great time dressing up as their various characters and playing out the mystery, as you can see.



We had fruit salsa with cinnamon chips as an appetizer. Dinner was lasagna, tortellini alfredo, and salad. Isn't that what all good spies have for dinner?

The cupcake tree in the center of the table (won at a recent Bunco party - Thanks, Lori!) held the cupcakes and the goody bags. I gave each girl a ring pop (of course!) and some chocolate balls wrapped to look like a globe. The cupcakes had question marks on them (Sorry, that was about as creative as I could be with a mystery theme.).

I had a name badge template that I had used in Awana, so I modified it to include the Bureau name used in the mystery and each of our secret agent's name. (Alyssa was Agent Ruby but she had her badge on by the time I took this picture.) I laminated them with my new laminator I got for my birthday (Thanks, Hannah!) and put a pin back on them for the girls to wear at the party.


This party was really easy to put together because the game was ready-made. All I had to do was print out the clues and put them in the envelopes. I think the girls really enjoyed it, too.

2 comments:

Baroness Insomniac said...

It looks like it was loads of fun. =)) Alyssa makes a good MWIB (Mystery Woman in Black.) =D

Gina said...

Love the idea of a mystery party that's not a murder mystery! Looks like a FUN party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...