- Recipe tastes great
- Recipient doesn't have to add any unusual ingredients
- Recipient doesn't have to roll out dough
I am including the scone recipe here, too, for you to enjoy. Merry Christmas to all!
Very Berry Scones
Scone Mix Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (I used a berry blend with cherries, cranberries, and blueberries)
- 1/3 cup sugar
Glaze Mix Ingredients:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Recipient Will Add:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup milk (can substitute light whipping cream or half-and-half)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Soften butter and mix with scone mix.
- Mix milk (or cream or half-and-half) and egg together and add to scone mix. Mixture will be “wet” and thick.
- Drop large tablespoons of batter onto cookie sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool before applying glaze.
- For glaze, mix powdered sugar (small bag) with 2 Tbsp. milk. Microwave about 30-45 seconds (until clear). Brush glaze onto scones with pastry brush. Allow glaze to get hazy and hardened.
Makes about 18 scones.