Saturday, January 30, 2010

Burp Cloth for Brady

My new nephew Brady is due any day now, so I took the opportunity while we were iced in to get a little something ready to take to the hospital when I visit him. This is a hand-embroidered burp cloth I made for him. Well, really for whoever is holding him, but you get the idea. :)



If you look closely, you'll see a little shadow of pink behind the stitching. That's the pencil I used for the transfer and it washes out after it's been washed a couple of times.

These are so easy to make! I bought the burp cloths (actually, they're kitchen "bistro towels"), traced the design with a transfer pencil, ironed it on, and just outline-stitched around it. The entire thing takes an hour or 2 to make and is a sweet hospital gift to take for new babies.

1 comment:

Baroness Insomniac said...

This is absolutely darling! You do lovely work, Jennifer. I hope Mr. Brady makes his appearance soon. It sounds like he already has many adoring fans. God Bless. =))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...