Monday, January 18, 2010

Getting It All Done

I went into the weekend with big sewing goals. I wanted to get several projects completed and a few more cut out, ready to be sewn. However, we decided to see a movie as a family and then I needed to do some shopping, which left me little time for crafts.

I did manage to accomplish a few projects, though. One was a cover for Hannah's wrist splint. She broke her radius (the bone in the lower arm on the thumb side) near her wrist last week while playing a game at Awana. They gave her a splint instead of a cast and she wanted something to go over it. Because, in her words, "it's ugly." Who knew those were supposed to be fashion statements? Anyway, I found some stretchy blue fabric and made this for her:

(And yes, she had me paint her nails blue to match the fabric. That's Hannah!)

I also made a tote bag for my mother. I love the black muslin that it's made of. It's so soft and has a nice shine on one side. But I wasn't pleased with the initial on the front. I wanted it to be larger, but that's as large as my machine would make it. Oh, well. At least the handles are cute... :)


After doing these projects I didn't have time to do any of the measuring or cutting for the other projects I wanted to do. I was feeling a little frustrated at my lack of progress.

Then this morning I picked up Nancy Leigh DeMoss’ book Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free and guess what the "lie of the day" was? "I don't have time to do everything I'm supposed to do." Oops. Busted.

As it turns out, there is time in every day to do exactly what God wants me to do. If I didn't get it all done, then it's probably because I was trying to cram more into my day than God wanted me to. Guilty, as charged. When will I ever learn?

1 comment:

Baroness Insomniac said...

I'm with Hannah all the way. One should have a lovely covering for their arm rather than being forced to wear something "institutional" and a lady's nails should always match what she's wearing. ;-)

The tote is really nice. I'm sure your Mom loves it too.

Isn't it wonderful to be able to make things for our loved ones that make them happy?

Amen to trying to cram more into my day than the Good Lord intended on me doing. =D

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...