Monday, January 04, 2010

Sweet Dreams

I finally got a chance to play with my new sewing machine over the break and I finished a couple of pillowcases for gifts. They were my first experiments with the embroidery feature so I had to learn as I went, but I'm really happy with the finished products.

This one was for my niece. It was the first one I did and the embroidery was a little bit puckered if you look closely. Some of that was due to the thread tension and some was because of the size of the fabric I was embroidering.


This one was for a friend of Hannah's and I LOVE the way it turned out. The light letters on the dark cuff are really striking.


I have a few more of these to make for gifts and then I will be making some non-embroidered ones for this project. (If you want to participate, it's not too late!) And then, who knows? You may see them show up on my Etsy shop. :)

5 comments:

Baroness Insomniac said...

These are just lovely and I know you're having so much fun with that lovely machine of yours. =))

Journey of Joy said...

These are beautiful, Jennifer! You are incredibly talented. I'm itching to find the time to get something going, myself (getting off the computer would help, no?)

Jennifer said...

Thanks, ladies! Just so you'll know everything doesn't turn out this well, I just trashed the project I was working on for a birthday present. I've messed it up 4 times now and I'm out of time and fabric. I guess God wanted to humble me a little. Looks like we'll be buying a present for this one. Maybe next time.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much for the sweet encouragement, "Anonymous!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...