Sunday, February 28, 2010

Father/Daughter Banquet 2010

Last night was the annual Father/Daughter Banquet at our church. This is a special night that the junior and senior high girls look forward to all year long. Last year, Alyssa was able to borrow a dress for the banquet. This year we were blessed to find one at a resale shop.


Don't they make a cute couple (says the proud mama)?


When we first found the dress, we thought she would be able to use the wrap I made last year with it. When we got it home and looked at them together, though, it was clear a new plan was in order. So Alyssa and I headed to the fabric store and we found some fabric that matched beautifully. You can't really tell from the pictures, but the cape is a layer of satin with a layer of sheer, jeweled fabric on top. Hannah had a friend over to spend the night and the friend thought that the cape came with the dress because it matched so well!


We tried a new technique to curl her hair, but it didn't work out so well. (I would have included pictures but she FORBADE me to take any. Yes, it was that bad.) When we took it out of the curling things, it looked like something between this and this. After much work and fuss, we ended up with what you see above, which was quite an improvement. :)

This is Alyssa's last year to have her daddy all to herself for the banquet. Next year, he will have 2 beautiful young ladies on his arm.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a sweet memory making experience!

Tonya said...

I love the pictures. Alyssa - your all grown up and beautiful. The cape looks super cute as well, I told you that you would get it made with plenty of time to spare :)

Booth Family said...

I had to check the "funny" box because the pictures of the curly hair you linked to were quite hysterical. Whatever it was like before, the end result was beautiful. Love the ringlets!

Kim said...

The cape(and dress) was beautiful..I inspected it close up and asked...did your mom make this???? I was so impressed! She looked so pretty and I hope it was a special evening for them!

Kim said...

The cape(and dress) was beautiful..I inspected it close up and asked...did your mom make this???? I was so impressed! She looked so pretty and I hope it was a special evening for them!

Jennifer said...

Thanks, everyone!

Kim - They had a great time and I've heard everything was beautiful. Thanks so much for all your hard work putting it together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...