Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines and Babies and Snow... Oh my!

Last week was a really crazy week for us. It all started Monday morning when we woke up to the most snow I remember ever seeing in Arkansas! I still made the girls do school, but we had a more relaxed schedule because I *had* to let them play in the snow for a while. (C'mon! I'm not that mean!)



That threw off our schedule for the next couple of days. Then on Tuesday night, I got the call that my sister-in-law was in labor. After a LOT of waiting around in the Labor & Delivery waiting room...



Brady finally made his appearance on Wednesday evening. (Did you catch that? We went to the hospital on TUESDAY evening and Brady was born on WEDNESDAY evening. All I can say is Kambrie deserves a medal!). Here's a picture of the proud papa, my brother Ryan, with baby Brady.



We also had some close friends in the hospital last week and my step-mother had surgery on Thursday, so I have to say that I've had my fill of hospital waiting rooms for a while. I also have a new appreciation for pastors who spend a lot of their time sitting with families in hospitals. It's just draining. And those chairs aren't that comfortable, either.

Friday we had our annual home school Valentine's Day party at our church. We had over 50 kids that gathered to hand out Valentines, hear a devotional, play games, and decorate cupcakes. The kids had a great time, but I didn't get many pictures. I hope to get some from one of the teenagers who was there taking lots of pictures, but for now you'll just have to imagine it in your mind. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...