Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Flip Flop Rice Krispy Treats

While we were on vacation a few weeks ago, we found some large rice krispy treats shaped like flip flops at a grocery store. As soon as we saw them, we knew we MUST make them for our Flip Flop Swap party.



After we got home, I looked for a flip-flop shaped cookie cutter. Sadly, I couldn’t find one, so I bought a set of round ones and reshaped the smallest one to the shape I wanted. I made the treats as usual and used the cookie cutter to cut all the flip flop treats.



I then dipped the flip flop cutouts into melted chocolate (almond bark). After I did a few, I figured out that dipping the BOTTOM into the chocolate made it come out smoother than dipping the top.



After the chocolate dried (which didn’t take long), I melted some white chocolate almond bark and piped it onto the treats for the flip flop straps. I added sprinkles to give it some color, but you could also have colored the chocolate if you wanted to. This was (by far) the most difficult part. The melted chocolate was hot and wanted to “ooze” rather than “pipe” but I was afraid that using icing might not look as good. If anyone has tips about how to do this better, I’d love to hear your ideas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...