Monday, June 07, 2010

Summer (and Beyond) Scrapbooking Goals

Since I’ve been talking about scrapbooking, I thought I would post my list of unfinished scrapbooking projects that I hope to work on over the summer (and beyond). If you’re looking for ideas for your own scrapbooks, this may spark some ideas for you, as well.

  • 2009/2010 School Yearbook - Although our local homeschool group puts out a yearbook, I try to make my own small school yearbooks for the girls every year. I put the girls' school pictures in there, family pictures, and pages for any special activities we do during the year. This year’s book is 30 pages (the biggest one I’ve ever done) and is practically finished. I am just waiting on one picture someone is supposed to send to me. Then I’ll plug it into an existing page layout and then I can print it out.
  • Special Trips/Vacations – I took a trip to the U.K. in 2007 and I still haven’t finished that scrapbook! It was a 10-day trip and I’m on day 5 right now. I hope to finish that scrapbook by the end of June. Please feel free to hold me accountable and ask me how I’m doing! I also want to scrapbook our recent vacations to Perdido Key, Florida and Dauphin Island, Alabama.
  • Birthdays – If you know me at all, you know I LOVE to throw fun birthday parties. Sadly, though, I have not done a good job of scrapbooking those parties. I hope to make a scrapbook of all the birthday parties we’ve had over the years. This will be a tough project, because it will require some digging through old photos (digital and printed) to get everything I want to include.
  • Mid-sized Family Photos – This is the only non-digital project on my current list. Last summer, (Was it really that long ago?!) I cleaned out my photo drawer and got all my 3x5 and 4x6 photo prints into albums. I also bought an “art portfolio” to hold the over-sized items (like 10x13 pictures… anything larger than a 12x12 album would hold). The part I didn’t finish was putting all the 5x7 and 8x10 pictures into a 12x12 photo album. I have the album, paper, and photo corners. I just need to get it done.
I know I won't be able to get all of these projects completed over the summer, but I would like to at least make a dent in the list. So what about you? What kind of projects (scrapbooking or otherwise) are you working on this summer?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...