Thursday, June 17, 2010

Washer Necklaces

I'm not sure if I should really post this because some of you may be getting these for birthday gifts. But since everyone knows I'm cheap frugal, I'm going to do it anyway.

I have been seeing these adorable washer necklaces all over the blogosphere and have wanted to make them for a while. Well, after an extensive search for Diamond Glaze (Let me save you the trouble - they don't sell it in Arkansas. Buy it online.), I finally got mine in the mail yesterday and finished a few of them. This was my first attempt at necklace making and I am really pleased with how they turned out. They were very easy and I only pinched myself with the needle-nosed pliers once. (That's good, right?) They do take a couple of days to make, though, because you have to let the glaze dry for 24-48 hours. My camera doesn't do them justice, but you can see some better pictures and the instructions for how to make them here.

Here's one I made for Alyssa. It's light blue with brown dots and I used a brown leather string.

This one is going to be mine a birthday gift for a friend. It's black and white with a black leather string and I added the clear dangly bead in the middle.

Next up will be these. I already have the stamps, so I will attempt a few of these in the next few days. (Watch out, people! I'm gonna use a HAMMER!)

3 comments:

besnini said...

You are amazing!!

Gina said...

Oh my gracious gravy! I love them!!!! I'm so impressed!!!!

Journey of Joy said...

Okay, I'm in line to purchase one of these. Hurry.

Honestly, I am blown away by the talent God has given you! And I am also so blessed by what you've been sharing in these posts (I need to go back & read the past ones & get caught up!!)

Love you, Sister!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...