Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Just Passin' Through

There are basically 3 types of people:

  1. A Resident is a person who resides in a place.
  2. A Nomad is a person that has no permanent abode but wanders about from place to place in search of food.
  3. A Visitor is a person who visits, as for reasons of friendship, business, duty, travel, or the like.

Which one are you?

Are you a Resident who has settled down and taken up roots in this world? Are you perfectly content here and couldn’t imagine anything better? If so, you’re settling for “making mud pies in a slum because you cannot imagine what is meant by an offer of a holiday at the sea” (C.S. Lewis).

Are you a Nomad, wandering around, trying to find the meaning of life and how you fit into it? Are you searching for spiritual nourishment? If so, look no further than to Jesus, the bread of life (John 6:48).

Or are you a Visitor who is just passing through this world on the King’s business?

The truth is that we are all really visitors. We just sometimes live as if we're residents or nomads. I can see periods in my life when I've lived as if I were a resident and periods when I've lived like a nomad. Sometimes I just need to remind myself that I'm really a visitor here. If this world doesn't feel like home... well, it's not meant to. This world is not my home. I'm only here to do the King's business.

I guess you could say I'm on kind of an extended business trip.


For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.
(Philippians 3:20-21)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...