Monday, January 17, 2011

Unmotivated

Sometimes having an overloaded to do list serves to motivate me. The more I have to do, the more I seem to get done.

At other times, I seem to shut down when I look at an overwhelmingly large task or a long list of small tasks to be done. I just want to crawl back in bed, throw the covers over my head, and pretend it’s not there.

Does this happen to anyone else or am I the only one? {insert sound of crickets chirping here}

At any rate, I’ve been in the latter mode for the last few weeks, which explains the lack of blog posts around here. I have a big list of projects (and some of them are FUN projects) I want and need to do, but I have been totally unmotivated to do any of them. I have no idea why.

Don’t get me wrong. I've still kept up with the basics. My family hasn’t starved, my laundry has been washed, and schoolwork has been completed. It’s just all that other stuff that hasn’t gotten done.

I seem to be crawling out of that slothful fog, though, so hopefully the lazy days are over. For a while, at least. Here’s hoping, anyway…

What do you do to get motivated?

1 comment:

boo4baby said...

I completely understand. Praying for ya, friend. You are very productive in my eyes, but I know the feeling of being overwhelmed. I am in a way right now in the area of ministry. Love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...