Monday, March 14, 2011

Just Ducky

Remember me? I blog here sometimes?

Well, I didn't really intend to take a 2-week break from blogging, but such is life. It started off with a sinus cold, which I held onto with the tenaciousness of a bulldog for over a week. Then Alyssa got it. Then Hannah got it. (We're all about sharing here.)

Last week, I also worked all week at our local Duck Duck Goose consignment sale. This was my first experience with the sale although I have friends who have worked there for many years. I was totally impressed. It is run like a well-oiled machine.

When I walked into a large, empty warehouse space on Monday morning, I had no idea that by noon we would be accepting consignments and hanging up clothes on hundreds of racks that we put together (okay, maybe dozens of racks, but it felt like hundreds!). By Wednesday, we had added some racks to hold all the clothes, stacked toys from the floor to the top of double-stacked tables, and made aisles out of any usable space we had for the big items (strollers, high chairs, pack & play's, etc.).

By the end of the first day, I was dog tired. By the end of the second day, my dogs were barking. By the end of the sale, I felt like a dead duck. Maybe that's how they got their name? :)

Yesterday, I had our sewing circle at church, so I had to get ready for that also. Throw in a little bit of dental work in the middle of the week and you can see why I've been neglecting my blog. To add insult to injury, it was time change weekend. (And not the good one, either. Whose idea was that?!?)

Anyway, I hope to use the next day or 2 to get back into the swing of things and catch up on some neglected projects. Hopefully you'll see another blog post from me later in the week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...