Friday, April 29, 2011

A Few Updates

Well, it seems that my blogging life has gotten both busier and slower at the same time. If you're wondering why I haven't posted much here in the last few weeks, there are several reasons. Here are a few of the things taking up my time these days:

Some of you know that I took on the coordination of a sewing circle at my church this year. That has been a lot of fun, but it has also been a lot more work than I thought it would be. Between searching for projects, testing them, communicating everything to the group, and then making and delivering the actual projects, it takes a lot of my time and creative energy. I do post all the projects we do on the Dorcas Sewing Circle blog, so if you're wanting to see some crafty items that we've made for local charities and ministries, you can check them out there.

I have also been coordinating posts for my church's women's ministry blog. I am looking for someone else to take on the responsibility for this, but until then I'm posting things there at least weekly. None of this is my original content, but there have been some great posts there lately (even if I do say so myself!), so you should hop over there and check it out.

Some of my time has also been spent coordinating a very special, super-secret, one-time-only project that I can't tell you about yet. I'll be sure to post about it in a couple of weeks, though...

My book-reading time has been very limited this year, which is why I haven't read as many books as I usually do. I recently won a free copy of Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are. I have been reading it and really enjoying it. I intend to do a full review once I finish it, but it has been a slow read for me. I am finding all kinds of tidbits that I need to ponder and mull over. I will try to post a few of these quotes and my thoughts on them soon.


Another book I'm excited about is Tim Challies' new book The Next Story: Life and Faith After the Digital Explosion. I just received this book and will be reading and reviewing it soon as well.

So stick around! There are some good things coming. With school winding down, I hope to have some more time to devote to blogging. We'll see if that is how things really work out... :)

1 comment:

Gina said...

Can't wait to hear your honest opinion of the Ann Voskamp book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...