Monday, May 16, 2011

Super-Secret Project REVEALED

Remember when I mentioned here that I was coordinating a very special, super-secret, one-time-only project that I couldn't tell you about yet? Well, now I can tell you about it!

Our senior pastor/teacher is leaving our church and moving across the country to head up a new church-planting ministry for John MacArthur. We are all happy for him, but we will miss him and his family greatly. Well, this family LOVES the Arkansas Razorbacks. LOVES them. So, as part of the going away festivities, I was asked to coordinate making a Razorback-themed memory quilt for the family.

I was given a huge bag of t-shirts that were donated by a couple of families to start me off. I ended up using those for the big sqares in the quilt, and I had several volunteers that helped piece together the other squares. We met together to put all the pieces together for the top and a few other volunteers quilted it and finished the binding. I wanted to share some pictures of the final project with you.




The finished quilt - top (left) and back (right):


A flat view of the finished top:


This picture shows the embroidery on the bottom. I hand embroidered the inscription: Presented to the Quinn family on May 15, 2011, from the Bible Church of Little Rock, with fond memories of the "Arkansas Years."


A close-up view of the quilting:


I was really pleased with how it turned out and I hope it is a blessing the Quinn family, who have been a great blessing to me and my family for the past 15 years.

1 comment:

Baroness Insomniac said...

Just beautiful, Jennifer! God has given you so many talents and it is a joy to see you use these.

<3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...