Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gift Mix 2011 - Cinnamon Chip Scones

Since I started a full-time job in November this year, I wasn't sure if I would be able to get my gift mixes done on time. Somehow, though, we managed to get them done. My list of recipients was close to 100, and I made a few extras, so my total this year was 107. Here's how they looked on my kitchen table before being bagged:


I found my gift bags at Michael's on Black Friday, so they cost about 35 cents each. (Cha-CHING!)


I got the idea for the mitten clips here. Martha made hers out of decorative felt glued to cardboard. I found some stiff felt for mine, so it saved me a step. :) The clips are made from colored clothespins (purchased from Oriental Trading). They're a little smaller than normal clothespins, but they were just the right size for these bags. I used them to clip on the tag and the recipients can use them as refrigerator magnets later.


So now for the important part: the CONTENTS of the bag! This year I experimented with cinnamon chips. My favorite recipe that I tried them in were these Cinnamon Chip Scones. The girls thought I should do something different since I just did another scone a couple of years ago, but these were just too heavenly not to share. Here is the recipe on the card that I enclosed. (Click on the image to enlarge.)


Cinnamon Chip Scones

Mix Contents:

1 cup Bisquick
1 cup quick-cooking oats
3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup cinnamon chips

Recipient Adds:
1 large egg
1/4 cup milk

Directions:
  1. Pour cinnamon chip scone mix into a large bowl.
  2. Whisk together egg and milk; add to dry ingredients, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. (Dough will be sticky.)
  3. Shape mixture into a 7-inch circle on a greased baking sheet. Cut into 8 wedges (do not separate).
  4. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...