Monday, December 12, 2011

Six Eyes

I've been wearing corrective lenses (either glasses or contacts) since I was 2 years old, so I've never really had perfect vision. However, in the last year or so, I can tell I've hit the dreaded "bifocal" stage.

My current glasses are great for distance vision (watching TV, driving, etc.), but I'm having a hard time reading with them. Since my insurance will only pay for one pair of lenses per year, I'm waiting until January to go to the eye doctor for a new prescription. In the meantime, I'm having to use reading glasses ... in ADDITION to my regular glasses.


Yep. It's kind of pitiful, but the reading glasses alone don't make things sharp enough. I try not to do this in public, but this is how I have to read nowadays.

My girls call me "six eyes."

Such respect I get at home...

2 comments:

Louise said...

LOL!

Journey of Joy said...

I will pay you so much money to wear those to church!!! Ha! jk, sorta ~ Makes my eyes water to look at the pics. Honestly, I'm already way ahead of you in the "my eyes are falling apart" stage of life. Ah, the joys of middle-agedness. gack.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...