Tuesday, March 06, 2012

13.1 Miles... 'Cause We're Only HALF Crazy

Well, the half marathon is over and I'm happy to report that both Alyssa and I were able to complete it. Our main goal was just to finish, but we also had another goal of completing it in 3 1/2 hours. Even with Alyssa being sick the week before, we were able to meet both of those goals. Alyssa finished in 3:27 and I finished in 3:32.

We couldn't have asked for more perfect weather, and it was evident we were being prayed for because Alyssa didn't cough once on the race! (She had coughed all through the night before and gotten very little sleep.) Thank you to all those who prayed for us during the race! Now if all of you could pray that this cold of hers goes away for good, that would be great...

Here's a picture of us before the race.


Here's us with our "bling" after the race (with a friend who ran the full marathon... 'cause he's COMPLETELY crazy!).


Here's a closer-up picture of our medals (For some reason, it loaded sideways and I can't get it to flip. I'm not sure what's up with that. Sorry. Just turn your head to the right. :)):

And here's a picture of Alyssa's first bumper sticker:

The race was a fun experience. There were lots of people with funny and encouraging signs along the route. Many of them would also clap and yell encouragement to us by name, which was a little creepy at first, until I realized our names were printed on our race bibs! :) By the end of the race, I got so used to people yelling, "Good job, Jennifer," that I almost didn't hear my own husband calling out to me at the finish line. Ha!

People keep talking about "next year's race," but I don't think this is going to be a regular thing with me. I am glad I did it, but I really don't have any desire to do it again. Once was enough, I think.

2 comments:

Louise said...

LOL @ the people calling to you by name!! :)

boo4baby said...

Congrats to you both! What an accomplishment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...