Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2012 Gift Mix: White Christmas Bars

If you've known me very long (or read my blog for very long), you'll know that we always give out gift mixes at Christmas time to friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, and teachers. This year is no exception.

Right after Christmas last year, I got a call from my friend Gina, who found some adorable Christmas-y Chinese take-out containers on sale. I went straight to Michael's and bought 110 of them for my gift mix containers! I was pretty happy to have such a head start. However, it took me until the week before Thanksgiving to actually come up with the mix I would use this year.

I bought the holiday Ziplock bags for the mixes. I didn't realize they were red until I opened them, but here are the mixes all out on my table, ready to be packaged.


And here are 100 mixes all lined up on our play room cabinet. The total this year is around 110, but I had only bought 100 Ziplock bags, so I had to buy more before finishing them.

When I first found this recipe, it was labeled "White Christmas Cherry Bars." I switched the cherries to cranberries and tried them out, but the texture wasn't quite right. After several tweaks and test batches (The ladies at work were very happy when "sample day" came around!), we came up with this recipe. They are really similar to the Cranberry Hootycreek cookies, but in a bar. Very yummy! Below is the front and back of the tag we used. Feel free to print it out to get the recipe. (Click on the images to enlarge.)



Oh, and to reward those who made it to the end of this post - I already have my gift mix picked out for next year! I'm so excited! I'm pretty sure this is the earliest I've ever had a gift mix picked out! Now I have all year to work on packaging. I'm envisioning something with gingerbread men...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...