Saturday, December 21, 2013

First Aid for the Soul

I love getting thoughtful gifts, even (or maybe, especially?) if they don't cost a lot. A friend of mine recently gave me a package of the tea that I drink with encouraging Scriptures hand-printed on each tea bag tag. Such a thoughtful gift! This idea is similar to that one, but if you know me well, you'll know I don't do anything hand-written if I can avoid it. :)

I used a couple of recycled containers from cappuccino mix like the one below.


I cut out a cross shape from sticker paper and printed a label for the top on the same label paper. I printed wrappers with encouraging Scriptures on regular paper and wrapped them around mini candy bars. The end result was this:


The top label reads as follows:

First Aid for the Soul

Apply generously in times of stress or whenever your soul feels faint. For best results, use daily with large doses of prayer.


I was quite happy with how they turned out. Now my only issue is that I don't have any more cappuccino containers. Anyone have any ideas for other containers that are red (or white?) that could be recycled for these?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...