Saturday, August 16, 2014

Seeing Dots


Last week we moved Alyssa back into the dorms. Since she's an RA and her dorm was newly-built, we weren't sure what her room would look like, but we knew she would have some wall space that needed decorating. I found this idea on Pinterest and decided to do a twist on it by adding some photos of family and friends. The result is pictured below.


DETAILS
Instead of using a strip of natural wood, I purchased a 4' piece of trim that was already painted white. We used a staple gun to staple the twine to it and added two picture hangers to the back to hang it with. My circles are all 4", 3", and 2.5". I borrowed some hole punches and a Cuttlebug from my friend Mae to cut them, which was a life-saver. Cutting all those circles by hand would've taken FOREVER!

I just taped the circles to the string. I probably should've used cardstock for all the circles to make it more durable or at least made them double-sided, but I didn't have time for that. When I hung it on the wall, we used poster putty to lightly tack down a few circles that wanted to turn backwards. I think that will keep it from twisting too much, but still looking like it's not completely stuck to the wall.

I was really happy with how it turned out, and more importantly Alyssa was happy with it, too. I think it really compliments her bedding, which is on the same wall.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...