Saturday, September 20, 2014

Encouraging Snail Mail Happies

Everyone likes to get fun stuff in the mail, especially college students. I've been trying to send Alyssa something small in the mail roughly every 2 weeks.

I try to make sure each item is something she will actually USE and that each one costs less than $5. I also try to tie in a spiritual truth by adding a verse or quote to each one. Here are a few of the ones I've recently sent.

A Tide to Go pen. (Because who doesn't need instant spot removal, right?) The verse on the pen is 2 Peter 3:14, "Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, SPOTLESS and blameless."


Flip flops to use as shower shoes. The verse on these is Psalm 17:5, "Uphold my steps in Your paths,
That my footsteps may not slip."

Encourage-Mints. I put these in an old Crystal Lite container and tied it with a ribbon. I put a tag on each mint with a graphic I found here and a different encouraging quote on each. You can download a printable version of my labels with the quotes I used here. I just used double-sided tape to attach them. You could also use the Andies chocolate mints and wrap the quote around it like a candy bar wrapper.

I don't have a photo of this one, but last year I sent some of her favorite pens along with one of my favorite quotes, "I was but a pen in God's hands, and what praise is due to a pen?" (Richard Baxter)

I plan to send more in the weeks to come, but I won't post them until she's received them, since I don't want to spoil the surprise. :) Do you have ideas for encouraging, inexpensive gifts for college students? I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...