Tuesday, December 15, 2015

2015 Christmas Gift Mix - Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

This year's gift mix is a little different for us. This year has been a journey to get healthy for me. I have lost 35 pounds (so far) on Trim Healthy Mama and have totally changed my eating habits. In the process, we found out that Hannah was allergic to dairy, which also drastically changed the way our family eats.

With all that in mind, we really wanted to do a sugar-free, dairy-free gift mix. But, try as I might, I couldn't find a way to do an AFFORDABLE sugar-free, dairy-free, low glycemic index gift mix that was a dessert. So... we decided to go with a soup.

This is a soup I had made before and really liked, so I just switched the veggies to dried ingredients and converted it to a gift mix. The bonus is that it's really pretty layered in a jar, so that's how we packaged them this year.

We made 108 gift mixes this year.

Here's an individual picture of how it looked in the jar. The top says, "Wishing you a SOUPER holiday season." I'm so punny! :)

Click here to download the recipe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...