Sunday, January 10, 2016

Remember - Word and Verse for 2016

Memory is something we take for granted until it's gone. I used to be able to retain large amounts of information without much effort at all. Now, however, I have trouble recalling names, events, and even the most basic facts. This could be due to a number of factors. But, having a grandmother who had Alzheimer's, it's still frightening.

Going into Hannah's last semester of high school, I really want to focus on remembering. I want to make memories that both of us will remember years from now. I want to remember the small moments as well as the big ones.

I also want to work on my factual memory by memorizing more Scripture.

So my word for 2016 is REMEMBER.

In looking for a verse to go with this, I couldn't find one that covered every area I wanted to cover, so I chose Luke 2:19: "But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart." That seems to come closest to what I want to do, even though it doesn't actually use the word "remember" in it.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...