Friday, December 09, 2016

Soft Vanilla Cookies - 2016 Gift Mix

For our gift mix this year, I recreated a cookie from my childhood.

These cookies are a real labor of love. My grandmother used to make these when I was little, and they were my favorite cookies. (I called them "soft vanilla wafers" back then.) Unfortunately, she was one of those cooks who didn’t measure anything or use a recipe, so the recipe died with her. It has taken me a decade to replicate the recipe, but these are really close to hers. The texture is just about perfect. They are so yummy! :)

For the packaging, I found some cute tins at Dollar Tree.


Here are some pics of my assembly in process. I made 100 regular mixes and 7 gluten-free ones. This year's mix has 2 bags: one with the flour and other ingredients and one with the sugar so you can cream the sugar with the butter.



I also included a gluten-free, sugar-free option in the recipe this year. To print out the recipe click here.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I did as a child!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...